Unless these activities involve ongoing cooperation between UCLA units and a foreign organization or training program conducted by the UCLA faculty involving a foreign organization, there is no need to conclude an international academic agreement. Schools, medical sciences and university extensions will develop guidelines for the verification and approval of membership contracts. UCLA`s academic units should be sensitive to requests from foreign institutions to develop a translated version of the English-language international university agreement. It is the responsibility of the UCLA Science Department to provide appropriate translations and verify that the translation is appropriate and correct. If there are differences between the English-language and the translated version, the first one wins. This directive does not apply to the following types of agreements: standard affiliation agreements and delegation letters are attached to this directive. Specific agreements for affiliation with schools of public policy and social research, public health, security, arts and architecture, health sciences (non-UCLA student placement institutions) and continuing education and extension are available in each of these schools. agreements with an obligation to implement a program that had not been previously approved; UCLA has surrounded itself with organizations such as hospitals, educational institutions, government agencies, municipal or public service groups and similar organizations to train UCLA students in these organizations, train students from other organizations at UCLA, and promote the university`s education or public research mission. To define these affiliations, an agreement is reached between UCLA and the affiliated organization on issues such as responsibility, academic control and faculty appointments. Request a new service agreement or amend an existing agreement using the following procedure: – Activities that may include expenses such as equipment or purchase of vehicles, long-term remediation, foreign rental, foreign travel of more than 90 days, UCLA compensation obligations or any other financial obligations that may have tax or regulatory implications must be verified by the UCLA Office of Corporate Financial Services. Please contact Michael Williams michaelwilliams@finance.ucla.edu. Student exchange programs generally involve bilateral and reciprocal exchanges of students over time.

While most exchange agreements establish a 1:1 exchange between UCLA and the other university, a different relationship may be indicated. Student exchanges always involve a funding obligation from UCLA and the foreign institution. Student exchange agreements generally provide that UCLA students pay fees and study abroad, while international students pay fees on their home campus and study there. Please think carefully about the impact of student exchange contracts – this is often the case for more students from foreign institutions who wish to study at UCLA than UCLA students studying abroad. This is why there is often an imbalance of economic and faculty-wide work, which results in an unequal exchange of students. A faculty member or senior administrator does not commit or agree to commit academic resources with a foreign organization unless it is an approved international agreement and the agreement must have the approval of the vice-provost int`l, as stated in this directive. Please contact the coordinator of the faculty of the agreement directly or send an email agreements@international.ucla.edu if you would like more information about a particular agreement. The Business Contracts Matrix clarifies the differences between a sales and service contract and an agreement (enterprise contract) that generates revenue.

Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn0Email this to someone